Smashwords Style Guide by Mark Coker - Review

Smashwords Style GuideSmashwords Style Guide by Mark Coker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first ebook I have read and finished using my new Kindle essential 8th, so I'm thrilled to be using it. Now let's analyze this book:
1. Reading it once is not enough. It needs reading at least one more time while editing your ebook and maybe more while troubleshooting your editing. It's a Guide, after all.
2. Most professional authors use Microsoft Word 2007 or later, and few use older versions (2003). I recommend using a separate old cheap laptop with Microsoft Word 2003 to edit and upload the manuscript to Smashwords.
3. I found that the best file format for engineering ebooks is only .pdf, and that is because these books contain a lot of tables, graphs, figures, charts, mathematical equations, and computer codes which are hard to be formatted to other file types (EPUB, MOBI, RTF, etc...) leading to a lack of marketing process.

View all my reviews

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post